Credit Card Upgrades
Make sure you have the best card for your unique needs.
Request a Different Card
Our credit card upgrades may give you the option to replace your existing UWCU credit card with a different card. Whether you want to start earning rewards, earn more rewards, or increase your spending power, it's easy to request your preferred UWCU credit card.
Here's how our instant approval process works:
- Submit your card upgrade request in Web Branch in just a couple of minutes.
- Review your credit card offers, including credit limits and APRs.
- Choose the offer you want.
If you do not qualify for an instant approval or you want to explore more choices, you may complete a new credit card application, which will give you a full range of card options.
That's it! Your new card will be mailed to you in 7-10 business days. You can continue to use your old card while you wait for your new card to arrive. Any limit increase will be available to use within one business day.
Important facts about UWCU credit card upgrades:
- You keep your account history. All your information will automatically transfer to your new card, including the length of account history and any outstanding balance, and your old card will be deactivated.
- Requests do not impact your credit. Instant approval requests do not affect your credit score. Keep in mind, any credit limit changes may affect your credit. If you submit a new credit card application, a credit pull will occur.
- Your card number will change. A card upgrade will replace your existing card with a new and different card. Be sure to update your details for any recurring payments with your new card information.
You may also have the option to increase your credit limit at the same time you upgrade your card.
Log in to Web Branch to request an upgrade from your existing UWCU credit card to a different card. Select your credit card account, go to the Details tab, and click on "Upgrade or Increase Limit" to get started.